Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fanning The Fire



Yesterday after I got off work, and had picked up Hailey (my granddaughter), from school, we headed to the house. It was abnormally warm for us here in Southern Indiana, 56 degrees on a January day. A great day to bring firewood up and stack it on the front porch.


My mom gave me a new garden cart for Christmas so it was so nice to not have to pack firewood in my arms. Hailey stayed on the porch as I brought load after load to her and she stacked it up neatly.


After we had a pretty good sized stack, we took the cart to the backyard and started filling it with sticks that we would use as kindling to start our fires with. Filled to the brim we rolled the garden cart into the garage so our bounty would stay dry.


The weather man was right and it started raining last night, and its gradually getting colder. He is predicting a light accumulation of snow for us. But I'm ready!


I love the feel and the smell of a wood fire, and the fact that it keeps my electric bill down, and makes me more self sufficient is even better.


I'm looking forward to going home tonight, and making a warm fire, and relaxing, but all too soon though as the wood turns to embers I will be up and at it, and fanning the fire to get it going again!

No comments:

Post a Comment