Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Simple Life At Church Camp




Well, I'm back, I was only gone from Sunday afternoon till Wednsday afternoon, but boy oh boy!

This was my oldest granddaughter Hailey's first year, at church camp. I went along, not as a cabin leader but as the camp nurse. (I can never get the vision of Cloris Leachaman as the nurse on Mel Brooks' movie "HIGH ANXIETY" out of my head as I say that....ugh!)



I stayed in the nurses quarters, and Hailey was in a cabin with other girls. I saw her at Chapel, meals, etc. so I was still a busy body grandma, without smothering her.

In between bandaids, bee stings, blisters and homesickness amongest the campers, I had the opoortunity to think, ponder, read, and remember the simple life I am so striving for.

Right now I am working two jobs, and trying to pay off bills, buy things for my house and little homestead, and get myself ready for my BIG life change into self sufficiency.

I miss my afternoons puttering in my flowers, making new flower beds, mowing, and taking my doggies for walks.

I miss sitting in my yard swing reading my bible, or just taking a nap.

Church camp gave me a refresher of why I am working so hard right now. Why I'm spending so much time away from my little funny farm, and toiling away for others.

FREEDOM!

FREEDOM to do as I please, when I please, and how I please. FREEDOM to not have to work at a job if I don't want too. FREEDOM to enjoy life, and grow closer to God.

FREEDOM. ...to be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment