Monday, August 30, 2010

Don´t Fence Me In






Fences, to keep things, in......and to keep things out....

Recently my life has been consumed with fences, real ones and ones in and around my person.

Trying to build my little mini farm, has become quite the challenge. I have been all summer trying to get someone to build a chicken pen, to keep the chickens in, and the red tailed hawk, raccoons, coyotes and other miscellaneous creatures OUT!

But for some odd reason, the building of this pen has become equal in my mind to the building of the great wall of China! I wonder if the Chinese had to deal with workman not showing up for work, not calling in, or NEVER returning text messages? I wonder if the Chinese had to dicker with people on prices so they could save a few pennies when they bought used material?

I'm not quite sure but a lot of early fences were the work of slave labor. If they didn't show up they were executed.....hmmmmmmm......... that has me thinking!

I wish I could find someone in this country of ours that is willing to help this poor little farm girl build her dream of having a little mini farm, but alas, no such person is to be found.

I guess that is why I have built my own fences...fences that surround my heart and keep it safe, safe maybe not from a red tailed hawk, but a few sly foxes, that never return phone calls, or show up when they are supposed to either...

Not all fences are bad, and for now in my case....they will stay up, as for my chicken pen....I will be glad when it gets bulit.

No comments:

Post a Comment